Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
ZWT6 - NA*ME
Make and share this Egyptian Yellow Chicken With Almonds recipe from Food.com.
- 8 pieces chicken
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water or 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup whole almond, blanched
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and quartered
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat 3/4 of the oil in a pan and lightly saute the garlic and almonds. Add saffron, stir into the hot oil and garlic.
- Add chicken and brown on both sides. Sprinkle in the parsley and pour in the water or stock.
- Cover the pan tightly and simmer for 1 hour until the chicken is tender.
- Turn the chicken 2 or 3 times during cooking, season to taste and add more water or stock if the dish dries.
- Serve covered with eggs and almonds.
This was very tasty & easy to make. I did cook it in my pressure cooker to cut down on the cook time. I also added some sliced onion & ground ginger. Made for Newest Zaar Tag