- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box Pillsbury yellow cake mix
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 -12 ounce thawed Cool Whip
- 8 ounces chopped candied dates
- 1 1⁄3 cups evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup toasted almond
Directions See How It's Made
- Add Extract to Cake mix and bake as directed using two round 8 or 9 inch cake pans.
- Next cook and stir filling over medium heat until thick ( generally and depending on your stove around 5-10 minute ) & add 1 cup of toasted almonds, then let the mixture cool.
- When filling and Cake have cooled, spread filling between layers and on top of the Cake.
- Last spread Cool Whip around the sides and Enjoy!