Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
A delicious way to use shrimp. Posted for Zaar Worid Tour III
- 453.59 g large shrimp (fresh or frozen)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml dried tarragon, crushed
- 2.46 ml dried thyme, crushed
- 1.23 ml Old Bay Seasoning (or celery salt)
- 118.29 ml pine nuts, toasted
- 159.32 g package couscous
- 295.73 ml chicken broth
- 158.51 ml sliced green onion
- 78.07 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml melted butter
- 170.09 g package Baby Spinach
- shredded parmesan cheese
- Peel, devein and rinse shrimp if needed, and then pat dry.
- Place shrimp in a large self-sealing plastic bag.
- Add oil, garlic, tarragon, thyme and Old Bay seasoning and seal bag.
- Gently turn and 'massage' the bag to coat the shrimp with the marinade.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Prepare the couscous according to the package directions, substituting the chicken broth for the water.
- Stir the pine nuts and onions into the couscous and set aside.
- Combine the lemon juice and butter in a bowl, and set aside.
- Saute the shrimp in a large skillet with the marinade over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turns opaque( Do not overcook or the shrimp will be tough).
- Pour half of the butter over the shrimp.
- To serve, divide the spinach among individual bowls.
- Spoon the couscous onto the spinach.
- Arrange the shrimp on the couscous and pour the remaining lemon butter over everything. Sprinkle with shredded parmesan.
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME .. very easy to make .. i didn't have couscous so i used brown rice .. it was a beautiful looking plate and tasted wonderful .. will make many more times
DH and I made this recipe upon the recommendation of a friend and really enjoyed it. It was very easy to make and the flavor was delicious! I added this to my list of keepers. Thanks for posting!
This is one of those recipes that I find now and then that deserve more than 5 stars! Absolutely delicious! Flavors are all very subtle and nothing overpowers anything else. I halved the amount of shrimp called for because I was serving as a side to a chicken breast, but with the full amount, this would make an excellent dinner on its own! And very quick and easy! Thanks for another keeper!