Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a middle eastern type of dish. It is easy to make. We like to eat it with basmati rice on the side. It is supposed to be more of a vegetable dish, so only 2 lamb chops are used. If you want more, feel free to add one chop per person.
- 2 shoulder lamb chops
- 1 large bunch green swiss chard, roughly chopped
- 113.39 g tomato sauce
- 1.23 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced finely
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1.23 ml oregano
- 1. Put oil in 3 qt heavy pot. Add onion & meat & saute for 9-10 minutes.
- 2. Add garlic. Saute 1 minute.
- 3. Add chard, tomato sauce and everything else.
- 4. Add 8 oz water.
- 5. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, cover and cook for 1 hour.
- 6. Remove meat, shred and add back to chard.