Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are really good and have a nice oniony flavor. At first I was not sure I liked the oniony taste, but have grown accustomed to it now. If you don't like onion, this dish is NOT for you, if you do, try it, super simple and you will love it!
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced steak (very thin, and not fatty)
- 1 large onion (pureed to liquid)
- salt & pepper
- oil (for frying)
- fine breadcrumbs (add a spoon of flour to these)
- Wash and pound your steaks to very thin and flat. (Here our butchers do it for us, maybe you could ask?).
- Put steaks into glass dish.
- Add the pureed onion, salt & pepper, cover and let sit all day or at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Put breadcrumb/flour mixture into a deep dish, get a clean plate to breaded steaks on.
- Dip each steak in mixture coating well on both sides and reserve all to clean plate.
- When all breaded, heat oil to medium high heat and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve along side pasta or your favorite rice dish.
Really good...basically Egyptian chicken fried steak. I'm married to an Egyptian guy, and he loved it. Only change I made was to put the meat in beaten eggs before bread crumbs. Key is the onion bit....and pounding steaks thin.