Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Best place to find cracked wheat is at Whole Foods or Wild Oats stores. For ZWT3.
Make and share this Egyptian Stuffed Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup cracked wheat
- 6 large tomatoes
- 4 small tomatoes
- of fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 6 washed lettuce leaves
- Put cracked wheat into a bowl, cover with cold water and let stand for 1 hour.
- Wash the large tomatoes, cut off top and take out the pulp.
- Sprinkle with salt and turn upside down to drain.
- Cut the herbs.
- Prepare a dressing with the oil,lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Scald the small tomatoes for 1 minutes and then peel, cut them into cubes.
- Drain the wheat.
- Toss the cubed tomatoes, wheat, chopped herbs and onions with the dressing.
- Fill the large tomatoes with the stuffing and arrange them on a bed of lettuce.