Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Best place to find cracked wheat is at Whole Foods or Wild Oats stores. For ZWT3.
Make and share this Egyptian Stuffed Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Put cracked wheat into a bowl, cover with cold water and let stand for 1 hour.
- Wash the large tomatoes, cut off top and take out the pulp.
- Sprinkle with salt and turn upside down to drain.
- Cut the herbs.
- Prepare a dressing with the oil,lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Scald the small tomatoes for 1 minutes and then peel, cut them into cubes.
- Drain the wheat.
- Toss the cubed tomatoes, wheat, chopped herbs and onions with the dressing.
- Fill the large tomatoes with the stuffing and arrange them on a bed of lettuce.