Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The name of this dish is Egyptian Salad, but I've seen this in Moroccan Restaurants, Ethiopian Restaurants, Israeli Restaurants...It's name should be more like North African Salad.
- Cut all the peppers in half length wise and de-seed them.
- Cut all the peppers, length-wise, into 1/2 inch slices.
- In a large covered pot, saute onions in oil until translucent, then add the peppers and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato juice, cover and cook on med heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper; cover and cook another 15 minutes.
- Add vinegar, cover and cook another 10-15 minutes.
- serve hot, cold or at room tempreture.
- Excellent side dish with almost anything.