1 hr 15 mins
The name of this dish is Egyptian Salad, but I've seen this in Moroccan Restaurants, Ethiopian Restaurants, Israeli Restaurants...It's name should be more like North African Salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut all the peppers in half length wise and de-seed them.
- 2Cut all the peppers, length-wise, into 1/2 inch slices.
- 3In a large covered pot, saute onions in oil until translucent, then add the peppers and cook for 5 minutes.
- 4Add tomato juice, cover and cook on med heat for 5-10 minutes.
- 5Add tomatoes, salt and pepper; cover and cook another 15 minutes.
- 6Add vinegar, cover and cook another 10-15 minutes.
- 7serve hot, cold or at room tempreture.
- 8Excellent side dish with almost anything.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egyptian Salad
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.4
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 508.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g