Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Daughter Claudia & I enjoy this salad with rice & lentils making it almost a complete meal.
- 1 large English cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise
- 12 ounces feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walla-walla onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint sprigs
- Score cucumber with tines of fork.
- Sprinkle with salt and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Crush cheese with fingertips or fork and mix thoroughly with onion, lemon juice and oil. Season with pepper.
- Drain, rinse and slice cucumbers. Combine with cheese
- mixture. Place in shallow serving dish and decorate with mint sprigs. Chill about 30 minutes before serving.