Recipe by Cathleen Colbert
Another recipe I collected for Christmas and can't remember where it came from. Prep time does not include chill time.
Top Review by Rouvi
I used butter flavored shortening and 1 tablespoon of rose extract instead of rose water. These are pretty cookies with a delicate flavor. They are perfect for a shower or tea. They also leave your kitchen smelling great.
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- colored crystal sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together shortening, sugar, eggs and rose water until light and fluffy.
- Sift together dry ingredients and stir until sugar mixture.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough into walnut-sized balls. Place on greased cookie sheets about 2 inches apart and flatten slightly. Make four cuts from edge to near the center evenly around the cookie. Gently pinch each "petal". Pinch and lift and center of the cookie.
- Sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake until 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom.