Prep 2 hrs 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this on food network, after extensive looking. I hope everyone enjoys this as much as I do.
Make and share this Egyptian Rice Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the rice flour and sugar and add to a saucepan containing the milk.
- Slowly bring to a boil whisking vigorously for about 2 minutes, taking care not to scorch the mixture.
- Add cardamom and saffron and continue stirring for 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat, and add rosewater.
- Pour pudding into individual serving glasses and let cool completely.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Top surface completely with finely chopped pistachios and serve.
Sublime. I still would reduce the rose water from 3 tablespoons to 2 1/2. Made the house smell delightful! Prepared my own rice flour by blending rice grains in batches using a clean coffee mill. I wonder if Chef Randy has any other Egyptian recipes hidden up his sleeve? Thanks for finding the recipe and posting it. cg ;)
Delicious. Easy to make. It turned out exactly as I expected it to. The rose water and saffron was subtly delicate. The pudding was smooth and not too sweet. I didn't have pistachios so I used toasted coconut on top.Great recipe.
I thought I would make my own rice flour knowing it would be a bit grainy but I ended up using fine store bought rice flour because I couldnt grind the rice much at all in the blender I used. I added extra cardamom pods out of a preference. I also used powdered whole milk with water but would not recommend that as it had it's own particular flavour which I didn't like so much so I rated this 5 stars based on my guess of the taste with regular milk. This looks lovely and I would make this again with normal milk and the additional cardamom and less rose water.