Recipe by jmeneer
When my daughter was younger we used to do a little thing called dinner around the world. I found this recipe online while we were researching Egypt (hence the name). We've been making this now for a few years and everytime we make it for a gathering I end up having to pass out the recipe. Kids really love this dish too.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion (optional)
- 5 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef consomme
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet or saucepan, brown ground beef and onions.
- Drain grease and add mushrooms, consommé, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and rice.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium-high. Cook about 20-30 minutes until rice is done and all of the liquid is gone.