Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
an Egyptian winter food that keeps you warm :)
Make and share this Egyptian Red Lentils’ Fattah recipe from Food.com.
- 1- Place lentils, onion, tomato and a pinch of salt , pepper & cumin and garlic in a cooking pot
- 2- Boil the above ingredients with a 3 cups of water for about 20 minutes or until maturity.
- 3- Mix the boiled previously ingredients by a blender, add of a little water if necessary to get a medium Thick soup.
- 4- Cut the Arabian bread into small squares inside a Baking tray and mix it with 2 tablespoons of butter and enters the oven until it is Roasted with butter.
- 5- Pour very hot soup over the bread in a serving dish and leave to impregnate the soup.
- 6- Put the third tablespoon of butter with one teaspoon of black pepper in the pot on the fire and volatility.Then pour on the face of the fattah in the serving dish.
- 7-Serve with green onions or pickles.