Recipe by Mille®
One of the seven wonders of your kitchen!
Top Review by Susie in Texas
I couldn't find extra large mushrooms so I ended up with 24 "fairly large" ones. The stuffing mixture seemed to have a bit too much liquid in it. (IMO) I think the consistancy would have been better had I drained one of the cans of clams. But I had plenty of breadcrumbs so I just added a bit more to compensate. Baked these for exactly 15 minutes and then broiled them as directed. They browned nicely. Wonderful stuffing flavor. I'd like to try this same stuffing and baking/broiling method with some cherry tomatoes. My dh loves stuffed mushrooms. He says give this recipe 10 stars!
- 12 fresh large mushrooms, washed and stems removed (extra large)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 fluid ounces white wine
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 2 (6 ounce) cans minced clams, including juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Finely chop the mushroom stems (you will need 1 cup – discard the rest).
- Mix together all the ingredients except the mushroom caps and butter.
- Stuff each mushroom, forming a mound.
- Lightly oil with several drops in a large enough baking pan so that all of the mushrooms just touch.
- Bake them for 15 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and then set the oven to broil.
- Dab each top with butter and put them under the broiler only for a couple of minutes until the tops start to brown.
- Serve hot.