Recipe by Happy Hippie
Another gutsygourmet recipe that I think sounds awesome. I haven't tried it yet, but I want to post here for future reference. I'm always on the lookout for dishes that will add extra veggies into our diets. Prep and baking time is approximate as are the number of servings.
- 1 lb eggplant
- 1 lb zucchini
- 1 lb potato
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- allspice (to taste)
- parsley, chopped (to taste)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups white sauce
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut eggplant into rings and boil for short time until soft.
- Cut zucchini into rings and fry.
- Cut and fry potatoes.
- Fry onions.
- When onions are slightly brown, add meat.
- Fry until meat is brown. Drain grease.
- Add parsley, spices and meat, tomato paste and 1 cup water.
- Make 2 cups of white sauce (your favorite recipe).
- Layer ingredients in casserole or baking dish infollowing order: potatoes, eggplant, meat mixture, zucchini.
- Pour white sauce over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees until top is bubbly and.
- browned slightly on top.
- Bake in 9 x 13-inch pan.