Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My daughter Kit & I made this cake for her Girl Scout group. We found it on a web site for Egyptian foods. It's flavorful, not too heavy on the pumpkin taste and is great as a cake with icing drizzled on it or as a snack. All the Girl Scouts agreed they liked this cake to use for their World Thinking Day to represent Egypt
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 591.47 ml granulated sugar
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml pumpkin pie spice or 14.79 ml apple pie spice
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 170.09 g milk chocolate chips (semi-sweet is ok,too)
- 425.24 g can pumpkin
- 177.44 ml melted butter or 177.44 ml margarine
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten or 6 equivalent egg substitute
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously spray the tube pan with a nonstick spray.
- set aside 1/2c flour in a small bowl.
- in a large bowl,combine the pumpkin,melted butter and eggs.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to flour mixture and stir until combined. Add the chocolate chip mixture. Stir until combined, then pour the batter into the tube pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a wooden toothepick comes out clean, when tested near the center of the cake.
- Cool pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Gently remove the cake from the pan and cool for 30 minutes. garnish with powdered sugar or drizzle with icing.