Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Homemade pizza Egyptian style. Use my favorite dough recipe for this and roll them into little pies or any size you want. My hubby likes his with any salty olives also and any cheese works. The key here is the Egyptian meats :) Recipe #rz.231781
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 ounce kashkaval cheese, diced
- 1 ounce basturma pastrami (American thinly sliced and cured Pastrami would be the closest thing)
- 4 links beef sausages, cut into pieces (Suguk or Sujuk)
- sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, fresh chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- prepare pizza dough into 2 pieces.
- prepare each pie this way or freeze your dough for later.
- preheat oven to 555 or the highest.
- roll out pizza dough to 16 inches.
- place on stone or pan and make indentations all over the pizza dough with fingers or hands.
- brush all over with olive oil, including the sides.
- sprinkle tomatoes and garlic first then the basterma and saguk.
- sprinkle the mozzarella and kaskaval cheese on top.
- sprinkle on the salt and pepper and drizzle on more olive oil.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown and the sauce is bubbling.
- About 10 minutes depending on your oven.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle on Parsley.
- Allow to cool a few mins and cut into slices.