Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Added for ZWT6: North African/Middle Eastern.
- 6 cups water
- 2 lemons
- 5 tablespoons sugar or 5 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom water (Mazahar)
- Quarter the lemons.
- Put the water and quartered lemons in a pot, bring to a boil, then cover and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Strain into a teapot and stir in the sugar and orange blossom water.
- Bring to a boil and serve.
Very simple which I love. I doubled it knowing dd will drink it all in 1 day anyway. I had some hot. Different for me but tasty. The rest was put in the fridge. Made for Welcome to Egypt in the NA/ME Forum 5/12.