Recipe by Happy Hippie
A tasty sounding recipe from the Astray website. Cook time is approximate and does not include marinating time.
Top Review by Bert's Kitchen Witch
I was pleased with the overall results of this recipe. It was very flavorful. I, personally did not care for the tomatoes on the kabobs, but DH, and DD both loved them, so it all balanced out.Very nice kabobs for something different than the usual! Made for Zaar World Tour.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 4 small tomatoes, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each chicken breast into 16 squares.
- Combine with the yogurt, salt, tumeric, mustard, curry powder, cardamom, lemon juice and vinegar.
- Let stand for 1/2 hour.
- Thread on skewers 2 chicken pieces, 1 slice of onion, 2 chicken pieces, 1/2 tomato.
- Repeat till all ingredients are used.
- Cook slowly, turning occasionally and brushing with the marinade, over hot coals OR under the broiler till the chicken is tender and juices run clear, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a hot platter.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Garnish with fresh tomatos, green pepper rings and fresh mint or parsley.