Recipe by justcallmetoni
As a big fan of yogurt based marinades for chicken (for example Chicken Tikka), this one immediately caught my eye. Unlike Tikka, you only marinate this one for 30-45 minutes so it doesn't require much planning ahead. I have not tried this one yet but wanted to make it public for the Zaar World Tour. Cooking time include time to marinate the chicken.
Top Review by jpatel02004
This was a really great recipe. I had to add a few more spices to give it an extra kick, but all in all, it's a solid and easy dish to make. It looks terrific once you open the lid and reveal the skewers. I'd recommend this recipe to those who want to cook for others and provide them with a visually appealing dish that also has a unique taste!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 small onion, cut in half and broken up into layers
- 4 small tomatoes, halved
- 8 bamboo skewers
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes, 16 in total.
- Combine the yogurt, salt, turmeric, mustard, curry powder, cardamon, lemon juice and vinegar in a non reactive bowl. Add chicken cubes and let sit in fridge 30-45 minutes.
- Soak skewers in water.
- Thread chicken, onions and tomatoes onto skewers alternating as follows: chicken-onion-chicken-onion-tomato- onion-chicken-onion-chicken-onion.
- Grill or broil about 8-10 minutes, turning half way through cooking time.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing on top.