1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is from Cooking Light. Posting for ZWT3.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the first 5 ingredients in an 8-quart Dutch oven or stockpot, and bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat to medium, and cook, uncovered, for 1 hour. Remove from heat.
- 3Remove the chicken from the pan, and place in a bowl; cool.
- 4Strain the chicken broth through a cheesecloth-lined colander or fine sieve into a bowl, reserving onion; discard the remaining solids.
- 5Return the broth to the pan. Remove the chicken from the bones, discarding bones; shred the chicken into bite-size pieces. Keep warm.
- 6Place onion in a bowl, and mash with a fork or potato masher.
- 7Add onion to broth; bring to a boil. Add spinach to broth in batches, cooking until wilted.
- 8Heat the oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 9Add coriander, salt, and garlic; sauté 30 seconds or until garlic begins to brown.
- 10Add to spinach mixture, and stir in lemon juice.
- 11Serve chicken and spinach mixture over rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egyptian Greens-And-Chicken Stew
Serving Size: 1 (967 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 831.9
- Calories from Fat 444
- Total Fat 49.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 207.1 mg
- Sodium 764.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 56.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: