Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is from Cooking Light. Posting for ZWT3.
Make and share this Egyptian Greens-And-Chicken Stew recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in an 8-quart Dutch oven or stockpot, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, and cook, uncovered, for 1 hour. Remove from heat.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, and place in a bowl; cool.
- Strain the chicken broth through a cheesecloth-lined colander or fine sieve into a bowl, reserving onion; discard the remaining solids.
- Return the broth to the pan. Remove the chicken from the bones, discarding bones; shred the chicken into bite-size pieces. Keep warm.
- Place onion in a bowl, and mash with a fork or potato masher.
- Add onion to broth; bring to a boil. Add spinach to broth in batches, cooking until wilted.
- Heat the oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add coriander, salt, and garlic; sauté 30 seconds or until garlic begins to brown.
- Add to spinach mixture, and stir in lemon juice.
- Serve chicken and spinach mixture over rice.
Good, The cardomom really made a difference For team f Pictures etc to follow once this is published