Recipe by Pesto lover
This recipe is from my dear MIL - a woman who can make the simple great. I like to serve them with baked chicken and white rice.
- 453.59 g fresh green beans, trimmed & rinsed
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 85.04 g tomato sauce
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 1.23 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 59.16 ml finely chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In 3 qt saucepan, saute onion in olive oil until tender, about 5 minutes, over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic, stir & cook 30 seconds.
- Add green beans, turn heat to high and stir quickly for about 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce and enough water to almost cover beans.
- Add parsley, cumin, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Cover pot and simmer on medium heat for about 25 minutes.
- If it seems too watery, cook uncovered for 10 minutes. There should be about 1/3 to 1/2 the amount of liquid you started with.