1/1 Photo of Egyptian Green Beans in Tomato Sauce
Pesto lover's Note:
This recipe is from my dear MIL - a woman who can make the simple great. I like to serve them with baked chicken and white rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed & rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1In 3 qt saucepan, saute onion in olive oil until tender, about 5 minutes, over medium heat.
- 2Add minced garlic, stir & cook 30 seconds.
- 3Add green beans, turn heat to high and stir quickly for about 1 minute.
- 4Add tomato sauce and enough water to almost cover beans.
- 5Add parsley, cumin, sugar, salt and pepper.
- 6Cover pot and simmer on medium heat for about 25 minutes.
- 7If it seems too watery, cook uncovered for 10 minutes. There should be about 1/3 to 1/2 the amount of liquid you started with.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egyptian Green Beans in Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 57.5
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 469.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 1.9 g