Recipe by Pesto lover
This recipe is from my dear MIL - a woman who can make the simple great. I like to serve them with baked chicken and white rice.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed & rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In 3 qt saucepan, saute onion in olive oil until tender, about 5 minutes, over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic, stir & cook 30 seconds.
- Add green beans, turn heat to high and stir quickly for about 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce and enough water to almost cover beans.
- Add parsley, cumin, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Cover pot and simmer on medium heat for about 25 minutes.
- If it seems too watery, cook uncovered for 10 minutes. There should be about 1/3 to 1/2 the amount of liquid you started with.