Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a very refreshing little salad. I always make it along side many different dishes, goes great especially with anything barbequed. I also make it as a snack, eating half of it each time! Serves up great with slices of warm pita bread. A very garlicly salad, if you want you can decrease the garlic to your liking. Don't be turned off by the yogurt, even if you dont like yogurt, once the salad is made, there is no taste of yogurt at all. Smooth, creamy and refreshing. Enjoy!
- 4 ounces plain yogurt (you could use a 6 oz container too, no problem)
- 1⁄2 cucumber (grated fine)
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill (chopped- you could use dry dill, but fresh better)
- salt & pepper
- Empty yogurt into a small mixing bowl.
- Grate the half cucumber into yogurt.
- Using a garlic press, press the garlic into bowl.
- Add vinegar, chopped dill, salt and pepper to taste.
- Best when chilled for 30 minutes or so.
- Keeps great in fridge for a few days.
- Serve with warm pita bread for dipping.
Very yummy. Garlicy! I used organic yogurt, English cucumber, fresh dill, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, plus the rest of the ingredients. I ate this garlicy salad on it's own! Made for WELCOME TO EGYPT!
I was looking for a cucumber salad that had egg free dressing. This was perfect. Very good flavour, and light tasting. Thanks for posting.
Wowowow! This is exactly what I was looking for. I used 2 medium sized persian cucumbers, peeled, seeded and finely diced and dry dill weed. I don't know how much yogurt I used, I had about 1/3 of a container of Greek yogurt and just dumped everything in on top of it. I tasted it before I put it in the fridge and it's fantastic, I can't wait to taste it tonight... I'm sure the flavors will be even stronger!