1/1 Photo of Egyptian Garlic Yogurt Cucumber Salad
cooking in cairo...'s Note:
This is a very refreshing little salad. I always make it along side many different dishes, goes great especially with anything barbequed. I also make it as a snack, eating half of it each time! Serves up great with slices of warm pita bread. A very garlicly salad, if you want you can decrease the garlic to your liking. Don't be turned off by the yogurt, even if you dont like yogurt, once the salad is made, there is no taste of yogurt at all. Smooth, creamy and refreshing. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Empty yogurt into a small mixing bowl.
- 2Grate the half cucumber into yogurt.
- 3Using a garlic press, press the garlic into bowl.
- 4Add vinegar, chopped dill, salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Best when chilled for 30 minutes or so.
- 6Keeps great in fridge for a few days.
- 7Serve with warm pita bread for dipping.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egyptian Garlic Yogurt Cucumber Salad
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 28.4
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.9 mg
- Sodium 15.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 1.4 g