Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the sauce from a salmon recipe from Ana Sortun's book "Spice: Flavors of the Mediterranean." It's served with pan-seared salmon, but would be nice as a pasta sauce as well (though I *really* recommend it with salmon!). This sauce can be made vegan if you omit the butter (in that case, add a little more olive oil). The book suggests using cilantro as a garnish instead of parsley, if desired, which makes sense, considering the coriander...
- Melt butter and olive oil then add garlic
- Stirring constantly, saute until garlic is toasted a golden brown.
- Add in tomatoes and coriander and stir until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Immediately add the sauce to your dish (pan-seared salmon, pasta, what-have-you).
- Top each serving with desired amount of chopped peanuts and parsley (or cilantro).