Recipe by Egyptian John
This is usually sold from a street cart, you can smell this cooking from a few blocks away, however due to the lack of hygene I prefer to cook my own at home.This is not a commercialy made product and has been reproduced to my taste, you can adjust quantities to your own taste!
Top Review by Bergy
I love liver and I love this recipe - look at the calories and fat all low and very tasty. I cut the recipe in half with no problem. I sliced the liver while still frozen to almost stir fry size. It cooked in about 5 minutes poured on the great sauce and cooked another 4 minutes I would love this in a pita bread but but had none so I served it as the main meat dish with roasted sweet potatoes, steamed green beans & spaetzel . It was wonderful Thanks Egyptian John for intoducing me to this excellent sauce & recipe — posted Jan 12, 2005
- 1 kg thinly sliced beef liver
- 118.29 ml cooking oil
- 1 lemon
- 0.25 ml salt
Egyptian condiment recipe 107277
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 chili peppers
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.79 ml cumin
- 118.29 ml vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- some cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Egyptian Condiment recipe: Put all 6 ingredients in liquidiser then into a 1/2 litre bottle,add cold water till full, shake and keep refrigerated.
- In a small frying pan put approx ½ cup of oil, when hot add the thin cut liver,salt and mix while cooking.
- (don't overcook).
- After several minutes add some Egyptian condiment according to taste.
- Spoon into fresh pitta bread and squeeze some lemon juice……Enjoy!