1/1 Photo of Egyptian Fish Kofta
Mme M's Note:
These are like Spanish croquettas. The spice mix used is quite delicate. Serve with a side dish that is crisp or that is spicy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Poach fish in salted water for 10 minutes. Remove when cooked.
- 2Boil peeled and quartered potatoes in the same water for 15 minutes. Remove and mash them.
- 3While the fish is cooling, boil the potatoes. When the fish is cool enough to handle, tear the fish into pieces, feeling for any remaining bones (remove them).
- 4Drain the potatoes when they are done, and lightly mash them with a fork in a bowl. Add the chopped coriander and parsley, crushed garlic and finely chopped onions while the potatoes are still warm. Add the salt, pepper, cinnamon, and cumin.
- 5Add the fish. Blend it well, but don't thoroughly mash the fish. Adjust the flavor to your liking.
- 6Heat the oil for frying.
- 7Make walnut-sized balls of this fish mixture in the palm of your hand. Dip the pieces in the beaten egg. Next, dip the pieces in coarse bread crumbs.
- 8Fry 4 - 5 pieces at a time in hot oil until brown on both sides. Remove to drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- 9Serve with squeezed lemon.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egyptian Fish Kofta
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2502.7
- Calories from Fat 2072
- Total Fat 230.3 g
- Saturated Fat 31.5 g
- Cholesterol 269.2 mg
- Sodium 1576.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 49.0 g