Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From The Weight Watchers Complete Cookbook & Program Basics cookbook. Posted for ZWT6.
- 1 medium cucumber
- 453.59 g fava beans or 453.59 g red kidney beans, rinsed drained cooked
- 236.59 ml tomatoes, diced
- 118.29 ml of fresh mint, chopped
- 118.29 ml fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 59.14 ml red onion, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml tahini (sesame paste mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water)
- 59.14 ml fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 0.25 ml ground red pepper
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pare and seed cucumber; cut cucumber lengthwise into eighths; dice.
- In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Toss well and serve at room temperature or warm slightly.
- EACH SERVING (1 cup) PROVIDES: 3/4 Fat, 1 1/4 Vegetables, 1/4 Protein, 2 Breads, 10 Optional Calories.
- PER SERVING: 241 Calories, 12 g Protein, 9 g Fat, 32 g Carbohydrate, 33 mg Sodium, 0 mg Cholesterol, 8 g Dietary Fiber; 4 points.
What a wonderful way to use tahini for something other than hummus. Great change from my usual oil/lemon juice dressing. Thank you.