Recipe by IngridH
From 'artichoke to za'atar'. These would make a wonderful snack or appetizer. Posted for ZWT6. Prep time is for heating the deep frying oil.
Top Review by Pesto lover
These were very good eggs. I cooked the eggs, peeled them and then rolled them in the dukkah. Very tasty and healthy. I skipped the deep frying part. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT6.
- 8 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 3 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup flour, for dusting
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast the sesame seeds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, and hazelnuts until golden and fragrant. (You may need to do each of these separately, so none of them scorch).
- Rub the skins off of the hazelnuts as much as possible.
- Combine the seeds and nuts in a spice or coffee grinder, and grind until they are chopped, but not pulverized into a paste. Add the salt and pepper. If you have any of the Dukkah left over, keep it in a airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Soft boil the eggs for 3 minutes, then cool and peel under running water to easily remove the shells.
- Lightly dredge the eggs in the flour, dusting off any excess, then deep fry for a minute or two, until they are golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and roll in the Dukkah.
- Serve immediately with a light salad for an appetizer, or as is for a quick snack.