My version of eggplant with tomato sauce and jalapenos
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can chickpeas (drained)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into pieces
- 2 ounces pickled jalapeno pepper juice
- 4 -6 pickled jalapeno peppers (sliced)
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1Peel eggplant if you prefer it without the skin like I do.
- 2Cute in cubes and mix lemon juice and water and toss together so Eggplant doesn't brown.
- 3Cut bell pepper into cubes.
- 4Saute bell pepper and eggplant in olive oil for a couple minutes.
- 5Add tomato sauce, chicken stock, jalapeno juice, jalapenos, chickpeas.
- 6Season with sea salt.
- 7Allow to reduce down until eggplant is soft and chickpeas are tender.
- 8Server Immediately
- 9I like mine with some pita bread, yogurt and it's a nice side dish for fish.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egyptian Eggplant
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.6
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2583.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.6 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pickled jalapeno pepper juice