Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My version of eggplant with tomato sauce and jalapenos
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can chickpeas (drained)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into pieces
- 2 ounces pickled jalapeno pepper juice
- 4 -6 pickled jalapeno peppers (sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- Peel eggplant if you prefer it without the skin like I do.
- Cute in cubes and mix lemon juice and water and toss together so Eggplant doesn't brown.
- Cut bell pepper into cubes.
- Saute bell pepper and eggplant in olive oil for a couple minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, chicken stock, jalapeno juice, jalapenos, chickpeas.
- Season with sea salt.
- Allow to reduce down until eggplant is soft and chickpeas are tender.
- Server Immediately
- I like mine with some pita bread, yogurt and it's a nice side dish for fish.