Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a versatile mix which can be used for many things. You can sprinkle it over salads or pasta. Use it to bread chiken or fish. Dip bread in olive oil and then in the dukka. Or you can mix it with some olive oil and spread it on pita bread or pizza dough before baking it. I saw this on interoz.com
- 1 cup raw shelled pistachios
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon whole cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Toast the pistachios and almonds in the oven for about 15 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes. Don't let them burn. Set aside.
- Toast the coriander seed and the cumin seed in a dry nonstick skillet for a couple of minutes, shaking pan, until they release their fragrance. Set aside.
- Toast the sesame seeds in the dry nonstick skillet for a couple of minutes, just until lightly toasted. Shake pan as you toast them. Set aside.
- When everything is back to room temperature, add it all to a food processor and pulse until it is the texture of bread crumbs. It should look dry. Don't overprocess, or the nuts will release their oil and it will get moist and it will be like a paste, which you don't want.