This is the perfect chicken dish for any occasion. Super easy and prep time includes marinating. As far as breading, many people make this by first dipping in flour, then in egg, then into bread crumbs, which does give a nice thick crust, but my recipe omits the egg and flour, using just bread crumbs, and they come out super crunchy and just as delicious! A friend of mine here in Cairo also omits the onion and marinates in garlic instead, I like the onion, but you could try garlic too. These go well with any pasta dish or rice. They make excellent leftovers for a delicious sandwich with tomato and mayo, that is if you have any left over! Enjoy!
- Take and slice your chicken breasts into thinner slices. (Using a sharp knife, and holding one hand on top of breast, slice across horizontaly giving you a thinner sliced breast. So one breast should yield about 3 thinner pieces or so.).
- Put slices into glass mixing bowl or dish.
- Squeeze the juice of lemon onto chicken slices.
- Add the onion liquid (you can achieve liquid by blending onion in a blender or food processor).
- Add salt & pepper and cover with plastic wrap, put in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- When ready to fry, take a slice and dip into bowl filled with bread crumbs. Do this until all chicken is breaded, setting each slice on a plate. (I sometimes bread ahead of time, putting breaded slices into refrigerator until ready to fry, seems the coating stays alittle better this way.).
- Add oil in a large frying pan, not too much, just enough to cover bottom of each slice.
- Fry until golden brown on each side.