Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Posted for Zaar World Tour 06
- 1 (17 ounce) package frozen puff pastry
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Unroll pastry sheets and place on greased baking sheets and bake for 15 minutes.
- Do not turn off oven.
- In a bowl break pastry into small pieces(1-2 inches), add nuts and coconut, mix well.
- Place nuts and bread in greased 9x12 baking dish.
- In a saucepan heat milk,vanilla and water on medium heat. Cook 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Pour milk over pastry/nut mixture.
- Pour cream on top and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
Made for PAC, Spring 2007 ~ I wouldn't want to make this dessert very often, 'cause IT IS RICH, but I do love the combination of the four nuts! Just before serving I topped the pudding with a little sprinkle of coconut flakes & chopped pistachios! Very, very nice! The recipe is much appreciated!