A yummy recipe that features finely ground beef cooked on skewers. You can have these on rice or pita bread with cucumber and tomatoes or any other way that sounds good! If you don't have all of the spices, you can do without. Enjoy!
- If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for at least 1 hour.
- If you can, run the beef and onions through a food grinder twice. If you don't have a grinder, pulse the onion in a food processor until chopped finely and then add the beef and pulse until it reaches quite a fine consistency. Place in a bowl.
- Soak bread in milk and add to meat together with the seasonings.
- Mix well and form into football shaped meatballs 2-3 inch in diameter. About 2 or 3 meatballs should fit on each skewer. You can shape them right on the skewers.
- Grill on skewers until cooked through.
These are really easy to make,
Simple to grill or bake,
Combined finely diced onion with beef too,
Then pulse it in food processor as had not read the recipe to do onions first TRUE! DOH!
Pulsed away, perfect consistancy for me!
AFter making footballs, molding them on the bamboo sticks is the key!
Don't have the be gentle, I "pressed" and boxed each side,
I can say I made these with pride!
Used sour dough bread as had on hand today!
These are very versatile and can tailor them your own way!
such a simple recipe packs such a great flavor - thank you!
We love koftas, and the ones we eat are usually lamb, so this was a nice change. I must confess to putting in more spice than the recipe, as my DH loves them really hot, and I mean really really hot. I made some small round patties, and some on bamboo skewers, and served them with salad. we liked them and would make them again. Thank you for posting. Made for ZWT#6 2010.