1/1 Photo of Egyptian Bean Soup ( Ful Nabed )
Sue Lau's Note:
Quick and easy to make with a nice zippy flavor. Very nice with some warmed flatbread and hummus.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml chopped carrot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml cumin seed
- 236.59 ml diced tomato (with juice, if canned)
- 946.36 ml vegetable broth or 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 7.39 ml sweet paprika
- 1.23-2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 29.58 ml chopped Italian parsley
- 44.37 ml fresh lemon juice
- 473.18 ml cooked fava beans (rinsed and drained if canned)
- fresh mint leaves, to garnish
- 1Sauté chopped onion in olive oil until almost tender.
- 2Add carrots, garlic and cumin, cooking briefly.
- 3Stir in tomatoes, broth, paprika, cayenne, bay leaves, salt and pepper, stirring to mix.
- 4Cook over medium heat until carrots are tender.
- 5Mix parsley, lemon juice, and fava beans into soup and heat gently.
- 6Serve garnished with fresh mint, if desired.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egyptian Bean Soup ( Ful Nabed )
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.0
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 251.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: