1/1 Photo of Egyptian Bean Soup ( Ful Nabed )
Sue Lau's Note:
Quick and easy to make with a nice zippy flavor. Very nice with some warmed flatbread and hummus.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 cup diced tomato (with juice, if canned)
- 4 cups vegetable broth or 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups cooked fava beans (rinsed and drained if canned)
- fresh mint leaves, to garnish
- 1Sauté chopped onion in olive oil until almost tender.
- 2Add carrots, garlic and cumin, cooking briefly.
- 3Stir in tomatoes, broth, paprika, cayenne, bay leaves, salt and pepper, stirring to mix.
- 4Cook over medium heat until carrots are tender.
- 5Mix parsley, lemon juice, and fava beans into soup and heat gently.
- 6Serve garnished with fresh mint, if desired.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egyptian Bean Soup ( Ful Nabed )
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.0
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 251.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: