1/2 Photos of Egyptian Barley Bread
3 hrs 20 mins
Adapted from Breads of the World. Posted for ZWT6.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine yeast, water, and honey, and let proof 5 minutes.
- 2Add salt, eggs and shortening.
- 3Stir in flour and blend until dough is workable.
- 4Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for a couple of minutes.
- 5Place in a large greased bowl, turning to coat.
- 6Cover with a towel and let stand in a warm place for 90 minutes.
- 7The dough will rise slightly, but will NOT double.
- 8Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead again.
- 9Shape into a round cake about 1/2" thick.
- 10Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 11Cover with a towel and let rest for one hour.
- 12Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 13Bake 15-20 minutes, or until bread is pale brown and sounds hollow when tapped.
- 14Cool on a rack.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egyptian Barley Bread
Serving Size: 1 (544 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1475.9
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 1255.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 259.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 32.4 g
- Sugars 37.0 g
- Protein 41.1 g