Recipe by Wylder
Saniyit Kufta also referred to as minced or ground beef patties, baked, is a traditional Egyptian recipe for a classic baked beef patty cooked in a large dish which is sliced into squares and topped with tomatoes. The full recipe is presented here and I hope you enjoy this classic Egyptian dish.
Top Review by loof
Great recipe! I used cinnamon and it really made the dish. I don't care for onions so left them out and used just a bit more tomato paste. Very easy to make and very tasty - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2011
- 2 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 2 onions
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg or 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 -4 ripe tomatoes
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop the onions and add to the ground beef.
- Add tomato paste, spices and seasonings.
- Mix well, then spread on an oven pan or baking dish, to form a layer 1.5 to 2 inches thick.
- Cut into 4" square sections and release sides.
- Peel tomatoes, slice and place on meet.
- Bake in center of preheated 350F oven for 30 minutes or until done.