Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Use peanuts and finely chopped parsley for garnish
- 1 lb catfish fillet
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- Place catfish fillets on paper towels to dry. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place flour, curry powder, salt and cayenne pepper in a plastic bag. Slice catfish into 3-inch lengths and add to bag. Shake bag to coat catfish with flour mixture.
- Fry catfish in the hot oil two at a time for about 3 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Drain on fresh paper towels.
- Add onion to remaining oil in pan, stirring to distribute in oil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 2 minutes or until softened. Stir in raisins and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add vinegar and cook for 2 minutes. Add honey and cook until mixture comes to a boil. Add catfish pieces to pan and stir to coat with the sauce. Cover and cook until the fish is warmed through. Serve garnished with peanuts and chopped parsley.