Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
These simple little ramekins make for an easy brunch. You can add almost anything you like - bacon, mushrooms, diced artichoke hearts. Just make sure the additions are fully cooked, and you don't overflow the cups. You could add a few drops of hot sauce if you like, or a spoonful of salsa. You could add a pinch of nutmeg, or a pinch of ground mustard. These are easy and real refrigerator velcro, infinitely adaptable
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 3 ounces breakfast ham, diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese (1/4 cup)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons half-and-half (1/4 cup)
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F Spray four 8-ounce ramekins with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and saute until soft but not colored, 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Divide evenly between prepared ramekins.
- Divide ham equally between ramekins. Add about 1/2 tbsp of chives to each ramekin, reserving the remaining tablespoon for garnish. Divide basil evenly between ramekins. Add 1 tbsp grated cheddar to each ramekin. Season each dish with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, beat 1 tbsp half-and-half with one egg. Pour into one ramekin and stir well to combine. Repeat until all four ramekins are prepared. Top each dish with 1 tsp grated parmesan. (Ramekins can be refrigerated at this point for up to two hours.).
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and place in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes (25-30 if refrigerated) until tops are golden and slightly puffed. Divide remaining chives between the ramekins, and serve warm with toast or biscuits. Leftovers can be kept refrigerated, covered, for up to 3 days.