These simple little ramekins make for an easy brunch. You can add almost anything you like - bacon, mushrooms, diced artichoke hearts. Just make sure the additions are fully cooked, and you don't overflow the cups. You could add a few drops of hot sauce if you like, or a spoonful of salsa. You could add a pinch of nutmeg, or a pinch of ground mustard. These are easy and real refrigerator velcro, infinitely adaptable
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 3 ounces breakfast ham, diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese (1/4 cup)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons half-and-half (1/4 cup)
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F Spray four 8-ounce ramekins with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2In a small saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and saute until soft but not colored, 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Divide evenly between prepared ramekins.
- 3Divide ham equally between ramekins. Add about 1/2 tbsp of chives to each ramekin, reserving the remaining tablespoon for garnish. Divide basil evenly between ramekins. Add 1 tbsp grated cheddar to each ramekin. Season each dish with salt and pepper.
- 4In a small bowl, beat 1 tbsp half-and-half with one egg. Pour into one ramekin and stir well to combine. Repeat until all four ramekins are prepared. Top each dish with 1 tsp grated parmesan. (Ramekins can be refrigerated at this point for up to two hours.).
- 5Place ramekins on a baking sheet and place in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes (25-30 if refrigerated) until tops are golden and slightly puffed. Divide remaining chives between the ramekins, and serve warm with toast or biscuits. Leftovers can be kept refrigerated, covered, for up to 3 days.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggy Ham and Cheese Bakes
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.2
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 470.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 14.1 g