Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
HP sauce or ketchup goes well with this. HP sauce is a spicy brown sauce that is popular in Australia and the UK.
- Fry bacon till crispy, move to one side of pan.
- Add butter to pan.
- Beat egg and yolk together and add seasoning to taste.
- Dip crumpet into this mixture.
- Fry crumpet in butter in pan on both sides till golden.
- Serve with bacon and sauce.
Tasty lunch treat! Kind of like a savory French toast. I used a spicy steak sauce for the brown sauce and it was a nice match with the bacon. Thanks for sharing the recipe!