Recipe by Mascha
This is a recipe I made up, inspired by a recipe I got out of a cookbook. The original recipe said you should fill it with shrimp and sandwich spread. I didn't have that at home so I altered it, and it was good :P I think you could fill it with anything you like, just experiment! This is like a party snack you can serve or just eat it as lunch/snack on your own.
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄16 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the eggs loose with the milk, salt, flour, parsley and black pepper.
- Heat up a tablespoon of olive oil and pour in 1/6th of the egg mix. Make it look like a thin pancake.
- When the fluid turns pancake like, the top part will be 'pretty' (with parsley etc) and the bottom will be pancake like. Quickly turn it over, letting the 'pretty side' heat up for 10 seconds, then put it on a plate.
- Do this with all the mix, you will have 6 eggy pancakes.
- Let them cool off.
- When they are cool, put a tablespoon of cream cheese on each pancake (or more if you prefer) on the ugly pancake side, spread it perfectly and roll it up really tight. Do this with each.
- Put some transparent foil around them (tight!) and put in the refrigerator for 1 hour (or longer, until you serve).
- Take it out of the fridge and take away the foil. Now you have these long sausages. Cut each one in 5 pieces and put a little stick in each (so they won't roll open).
- They are done. Great party snacks to serve, they look really pretty. You could fill them with whatever you want. As long as it's nothing heavy, these things are really thin and delicate.