1/6 Photos of Eggstatic Egg Salad
TOOLBELT DIVA's Note:
I have accepted an egg salad cook off challenge, and am delighted to submit my entry here, because it is a winner. Developed in my own kitchen with no assistance from outside sources, other than internal verbal encouragement. Lip-Smacks and loud Cheers of YUM YUM could be heard throughout the house; every great chef strives to hear YUM YUM. Warning: Please do not attempt to express an opinion, with your mouth full of egg salad; it is off-putting, and not a pretty sight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large eggs, unbroken
- 1 stalk celery, complete with leaves chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped fine
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, more if desired for consistency
- 24 -40 slices pumpernickel rounds or 24 -40 slices rye bread or 24 -40 slices crackers
- 1Place unbroken eggs in a pan of cold water.
- 2Turn on cook top burner.
- 3Place pan of eggs on burner and bring to a boil.
- 4Turn down heat on element and allow to continue boiling for approximately 5 minutes.
- 5Remove from stove element and set aside.
- 6In a separate bowl mix all chopped vegetables together Add black pepper, balsamic vinegar and mayonnaise.
- 7Remove eggs from pan of water.
- 8With the blade of a table knife, chop the cooked eggs in half.
- 9Scoop out the cooked eggs; discard the shells.
- 10With a kitchen fork, crush the cooked egg halves.
- 11Transfer vegetables to crushed eggs.
- 12Mix well with mayonnaise.
- 13Add more mayonnaise as you wish for personal consistency preference.
- 14Spread mixture generously on bread (s) or crackers of your choice.
- 15Serve to squeals of delight.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggstatic Egg Salad
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.7
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 191.0 mg
- Sodium 216.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: