Recipe by TOOLBELT DIVA
I have accepted an egg salad cook off challenge, and am delighted to submit my entry here, because it is a winner. Developed in my own kitchen with no assistance from outside sources, other than internal verbal encouragement. Lip-Smacks and loud Cheers of YUM YUM could be heard throughout the house; every great chef strives to hear YUM YUM. Warning: Please do not attempt to express an opinion, with your mouth full of egg salad; it is off-putting, and not a pretty sight.
Top Review by Boomette
I made this egg salad for me and DH and for my son, I gave him his part before adding the balsamic vinegar. It adds a great taste to the egg salad that me and DH enjoyed. Thanks Toolbelt Diva :) Made for Name that ingredient tag game
- 6 large eggs, unbroken
- 1 stalk celery, complete with leaves chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped fine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, more if desired for consistency
- 24 -40 slices pumpernickel rounds or 24 -40 slices rye bread or 24 -40 slices crackers
Directions See How It's Made
- Place unbroken eggs in a pan of cold water.
- Turn on cook top burner.
- Place pan of eggs on burner and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat on element and allow to continue boiling for approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from stove element and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix all chopped vegetables together Add black pepper, balsamic vinegar and mayonnaise.
- Remove eggs from pan of water.
- With the blade of a table knife, chop the cooked eggs in half.
- Scoop out the cooked eggs; discard the shells.
- With a kitchen fork, crush the cooked egg halves.
- Transfer vegetables to crushed eggs.
- Mix well with mayonnaise.
- Add more mayonnaise as you wish for personal consistency preference.
- Spread mixture generously on bread (s) or crackers of your choice.
- Serve to squeals of delight.