Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I needed a good, hearty breakfast that would satisfy my DH and still keep me on track with my SBD. I came up with this recipe, and while we make it for breakfast, it would also make a great dinner by adding a salad or fruit (depending on what phase you are in at the time). You can dress it up with bell peppers and onions, but it's delicious on it's own. It's quick and easy; even my DH can make it! The recipe is for one, but it can be easily adjusted for 2.
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons low fat mozzarella
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese (low fat or reduced sodium can be used)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup diced stewed tomatoes (SBD approved)
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Beat eggs and cook as an omelet in a small round skillet. Flip once the eggs are almost dry on top.
- While eggs are cooking, mix all ingredients for the cheese mixture. (I generally just use the same bowl that I mixed the eggs.) Spoon onto the cooked omelet; fold omelet in half and put on a plate.
- Heat diced tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Spoon onto omelet and serve.
- (Optional step: place finished omelet in the microwave for 30 seconds).