Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick breakfast meal and is perfect when served with hashbrowns and a flour tortilla.
- 2 eggs
- 1 whole green chili, I use canned chilies such as Hatch brand
- 2 slices monterey jack cheese
- 1 slice of jalapeno cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- black pepper, as desired
- butter (for cooking) or margarine (for cooking)
- Carefully stuff green chili with the two slices of Monterrey Jack Cheese.
- Beat eggs with garlic salt, pepper and cumin with a whisk. Be sure to beat well so eggs will be fluffy.
- Melt butter or margarine in skillet.
- Pour eggs in skillet and cook, without stirring - until set - like you would for an omelet.
- Carefully wrap eggs around the chili.
- Turn eggs with turner until cooked on both sides.
- Top eggs with slice of jalapeno cheese, onion and tomatoes.
- Continue to cook until cheese is melted.
- tortilla on the side.