Recipe by Chocolatl
Adapted from City Egg, Country Egg.
Top Review by under12parsecs
These are some of the best eggs I've ever had! The texture is a bit grainy because of the cheese being added first as momaphet noted, but the flavor is sublime! I used a chardonnay and the wine coupled with the dijon and gruyere was nothing short of spectacular. And I loved the crunch of homemade garlic croutons and freshness from the chive.
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- crouton (to garnish)
- chopped chives, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Add butter and wine to a skillet and cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes, or until wine is reduced by half.
- Remove from heat and add mustard and cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted.
- Season eggs with salt and add to pan.
- Scramble gently.
- Cook 1 1/2 minutes, or until eggs have reached desired firmness.
- Serve with croutons and chopped chives.