An Dracon's Note:
This makes a great cook-ahead dish. Prepare it the day before for a great appetizer or cold lunch dish. This is a great dish, with lots of flavor, to take to work for food days. Also good for low-carb eaters.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Hardboil the eggs.
- 2Place the eggs into a large saucepan, cover with enough cold water to have 2" of water above the eggs.
- 3Bring the eggs to a boil, boil for 1 minute, remove the eggs from the heat, cover with a lid and set aside for 18 minutes.
- 4Pour off the hot water and immediately fill the pan with cold water, and keep pouring out and refilling, until the water remains cool.
- 5This will stop the eggs from continuing to cook.
- 6This technique makes a hard-boiled egg that is cooked through, without being tough or rubbery.
- 7It also has a yolk that is a beautiful color with none of that over-cooked grayish-green rim.
- 8Once the eggs have cooled; peel, quarter and place into a decorative plate or bowl.
- 9I prefer to use a slightly smaller serving dish and place the quartered eggs where they are laying slightly on top of each other.
- 10Similiar to the way you layer fruit on a tart.
- 11Place the parsley, garlic, paprika, and black pepper into a blender container.
- 12Pulse until the parsley and garlic are minced.
- 13Then slowly add the olive oil while running the blender.
- 14Drizzle the flavored oil over the eggs, reserving 1/4 of the oil.
- 15Garnish with the grated carrot, sliced green olives, and sliced black olives.
- 16Drizzle the remaining flavored oil over the garnished eggs.
- 17Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 18Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggs with Garlic and Parsley Oil
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.3
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 372.2 mg
- Sodium 158.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: