Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
One of my favourite breakfasts - quick and healthy. I originally found it in a magazine (don't remember which one) and now make it all the time! I don't generally like microwave cooking, so when I first tried this recipe I attempted to adapt it to the oven. My advice to you: don't bother. The results aren't nearly as good!
- Scramble eggs and add cream cheese in small spoonfuls.
- Stir vigourously to break cream cheese up a bit more.
- Stir in ham and divide mixture evenly between two greased 1-cup ramekins.
- Microwave on high for about 5 minutes. This is VERY approximate, as every microwave is very different. Test for done-ness by inserting a fork or knife along the edge and gently pushing the eggs out of the way. If you can see liquid at the bottom of the ramekin, the eggs need to be cooked a little longer.
- Turn each ramekin upside down onto a plate (the eggs should slide out quite easily) and top with a spoonful of salsa each.
Tasty....I didn't have ramekins, so I used a casserole dish. Not as pretty as yours, but I liked it a lot and will make it again.
This photo drew my interest. I have saved this recipe in my cookbook and am anxious to try it. Very simple directions and looks so tasty, I wish I were at home to make it right now. Absolutely great photo!