Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
this is from a Mexican cook book by Jane Milton.It looks delicious,so I put it here hoping that we can share:-)
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 1 1⁄4 lbs pork, ground
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup milk or 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 8 corn or 8 flour tortillas, warm
- melt the lard in a large pan over medium heat,cook the pork mince until browned,stir frequently,stir in garlic,oregano,cinnamon,cloves and black pepper.cook for 3-4 more minute.
- add the sherry,sugar and salt to the pork,stir well and cook for 3-4 min,remove from heat.
- lightly beaten the eggs in a bowl,add the tomatoes and onion.
- return the chorizo mixture to the heat and pour in the egg mixture,stir constantly until the egg is almost firm.
- stir in the milk or cream,serve with warm corn or flour tortillas.